All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential guide to Chinese etiquette will make embarrassing social blunders a thing of the past! Whether you're travelling to China for business or pleasure, whether your stay will be long or short, your visit will be more pleasurable and effective if you understand your host culture and how to work within it. This updated and expanded edition of the best-selling Chinese etiquette guide on the market addresses t just the puzzling protocols relating to name cards, bowing or shaking hands, bathrooms and public baths; but also what to do when entertaining Chinese dinner guests, attending a Chinese tea ceremony, taking the subway, and much more! It also provides the latest etiquette in mobile phone manners, texting, social media and other forms of digital communication. The glossary at the back of the book has been revised to include the latest techlogy-related words and expressions used by China today. Two new chapters address the changing role of foreigners in the workplace and the contemporary business style and etiquette used by the younger generation of China who are w increasingly cosmopolitan but still very Chinese! Etiquette Guide to China includes everything you need to kw to be a successful, courteous traveler: Hand gestures and body language How to address the Chinese Dining and restaurant manners Gift giving and celebration in China Entering into and understanding business relationships How to behave in professional situations Dealing with China's political culture The Chinese way of negotiating.
- Author BiographyBoye Lafayette De Mente worked for several years as an editor of newspapers and magazines in Tokyo. He has written more than 30 books on Japan's language and culture, including Japan's Cultural Code Words: 233 Key Terms That Explain the Attitudes and Behavior of the Japanese, Japan Unmasked: The Character and Culture of the Japanese, and Business Guide to Japan: A Quick Guide to Opening Doors and Closing Deals. Patrick Wallace has lived and worked in Asia for more than thirty years as a student, NGO volunteer, teacher, businessman, and finally as an academic editor for Oxford University Press, Shanghai, China. His books include Exploring Xinjiang: An American Family's Journey to the West. He now works as a freelance writer from his home in rural Japan.
- Author(s)Boye Lafayette De Mente,Patrick Wallace
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content NoteBlack and white photos throughout
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.