All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis luxurious photography book on New Orleans restaurants celebrates the citys love affair with food. From the legendary Tujagues to the down-home Uglesichs, these beloved establishments are shown off in all their glory for residents and visitors alike. From the antebellum legacies of grand old restaurants like Antoines, Commanders Palace, and Brunings to the newcomers like Jacques-Imos, Bayona, and Clancys, t to mention the legion in between, the countless stories of establishments dedicated to the je ne sais quoi of dining form part of the essential history of New Orleans. This rich mix of history and evocative photographs documents an unparalleled majesty of the senses, a decadent revelry in the past, and the daily marking of pleasure.
- Author BiographyKerri McCaffety is the first-place winner of the 1999 Society of American Travel Writers Lowell Thomas Award for a self-illustrated article. The New Orleans Gulf South Booksellers Association named McCaffetys first book, Obituary Cocktail, Book of the Year for 1998. Her second book, The Majesty of the French Quarter, was called a vision to behold by Gambit literary reviewer Julia Kamysz Lane, and easily one of the most handsome coffee table books in years by the Jackson (Miss.) Clarion-Ledger. The New Orleans Times-Picayune referred to her third book, The Majesty of St. Charles Avenue, as fit for royalty. Her writing and photojournalism appear in publications including the Oxford American, Town and Country, Historic Traveler, Colonial Homes, Southern Accents, Travel & Leisure, Metropolitan Home, and the Seattle Times.
- Author(s)Kerri McCafferty
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note191 colour photos
- Weight1194 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.