All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this unusual biography of one of Canada's most well-kwn public figures, author Frank Milligan traces the intellectual foundations on which Eugene Forsey's world-view was constructed. Starting with his middle-class Ottawa upbringing, Forsey's philosophical pilgrimage was the product of a deep allegiance to a Christian social gospel, exposure to the radical politics of the labour movement and the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation (CCF), and a profound reverence for British Tory constitutionalism. Milligan weaves these threads together with skill and dexterity. By studying Forsey's beliefs - both religious and political - Milligan unearths the philosophical underpinnings of many of Canada's early twentieth-century political, ecomic, religious, and social reform movements.
- Author BiographyFrank Milligan earned his PhD from the University of Alberta. He was also the founding director of the Reynolds Alberta Museum, director of the New Brunswick Museum, and, since 1998, has been the executive director of the Nantucket Historical Association.
- Author(s)Frank Milligan
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight492 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.