All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEugene Burton Ely was buried the day after his 25th birthday, less than a half-mile from where he was born. No sooner had he captured the world's eye and gained the fame he sought, than he crashed into the earth. Until 1911, the last year of his life, hardly anyone knew his name - a century later, thing has changed. If he is kwn at all it's because he - an Iowa farm boy afraid of heights - was the first to land an airplane on the deck of a ship. The threads of Ely's life have been left dangling for too long. To some, he is the father of naval aviation, the inspiration behind today's nuclear aircraft carriers - but many details of his life have been lost until w.
- Author BiographyFormer historian with the Southern Oregon Historical Society, William M. Miller is a reporter and history columnist for the Medford (Oregon) Mail Tribune newspaper. He lives in Shady Cove, Oregon, USA.
- Author(s)William M. Miller
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.