All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Euia', which means 'beautiful thinking', is the shortest English word to contain all five vowels. This book also contains them all, except that each one appears by itself in its own chapter. A unique personality for each vowel soon emerges: A is courtly, E is elegiac, I is lyrical, O is jocular, U is obscene. A triumphant feat, seven years in the making, Euia is as playful as it is awe-inspiring.
- Author BiographyChristian Bok is the author of Crystallography (Coach House Press, 1994), a pataphysical encyclopaedia nominated for the Gerald Lampert Award for Best Poetic Debut. Bok has created artificial languages for two television shows: Gene Roddenberry's Earth Final Conflict and Peter Benchley's Amazon. Bok has also earned many accolades for his virtuoso performances of sound poetry (particularly the Ursonate by Kurt Schwitters). His conceptual artworks (which include books built out of Rubik cubes and Lego bricks) have appeared at the Marianne Boesky Gallery in New York City as part of the exhibit Poetry Plastique. He lives in Toronto.
- PrizesWinner of Griffin Poetry Prize - Canadian 2002.
- Author(s)Christian Bok
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight85 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.66Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.60
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $20.11Trending at AU $22.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.