Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Aristotle's pioneering research into animal biology to Harvey's theory of the circulation of the blood; from Copernicus's theory of the heliocentric universe to Carl Sagan's speculations on extraterrestrial life; and from Einstein's theory of Relativity to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, Eureka! condenses the essential biographies and principal discoveries of the world's most important scientists into 300 bite-sized entries. Spanning the full spectrum of scientific disciplines - including physics, biology, earth science, cosmology, chemistry, archaeology and behavioural science - this book is the perfect introduction to the pioneering work of scientists throughout the ages.
- Author BiographyHazel Muir studied astrophysics at Edinburgh University before becoming a staff editor and writer at New Scientist. Currently a freelance writer, she still regularly contributes to BBC Sky at Night magazine, and has also written for Wired UK. She has won international awards for her articles from the American Institute of Physics and the Acoustical Society of America. She lives in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
- Author(s)Hazel Muir
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Out-of-print date25/05/2015
- Content Note150 black and white images
- Width135 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.