All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Seven Year War covering the restoration of a highly modified Lotus Europa. A nut and bolt experience of a single-handed complete rebuilding of a classic sports car.
- Author BiographyAuthor is a member of Lotus Corps a Chicago area based group dedicated to the Lotus Marque. Bill has been a member for over 40 years owning and participating with the Lotus Automobiles in restoration, racing, and road trips using one of his 5 classic cars. During all these years with Lotus Corps he has served in officer positions, been chosen as Member of the Year and Competitor of the Year. And raced autocross for years with a group called A Street Prepared Constructors Association; like belonging to a No Club Club. Bill has renovated and resurected several Lotus cars including 3 Europa (S1. S2 and Twin Cam), a Lotus Seven and an 05 Elise. Bill is also active in ham radio, callsign KC9KLA holding the highest rating of Amateur Extra and a member of Six Meter Club of Chicago. The club participates in a radio exercise each year starting on Historic Route 66 Car Show, setting up ham station and showing off one of Bill's cars. The exercise runs an entire week with stations set up along old Route 66 with 17-20 club stations using special callsigns W6A thru W6Q fixed and several rover mobile stations. In 2011 Bill worked all of the stations: a coup or sweep and operating for the club as W6Q worked almost another 1000 ham stations. Retired from a career of Technical Electronics as applied to packaging, automation and heat application. He also has published many minor articles in technology, poetry, automotive subjects and finances under the pen name of Bill Wald found on Helium.com Europa del Sol was a name given to his project car by another Lotus Corps club member and encouraged to write further on the project for the club newsletter LotusNotus. Another club member who likewise restores Loti (believed to be plural of Lotus) has published a book on a restoration titled Europa Eurphoria and another A Tale of Two Tinas, restoration of Cortina powered by and historic raced under Lotus. Bob Herzog, the author prodded Bill to get in the game. Thanks to Zog and others in Lotus Corps for sharing in the publication of this fine book. Europa del Sol and for helping to let it live and breath again on this highway.
- Author(s)MR William a Greenwald
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.