Europe Digest for the Hurried Tourist by Alexandre Digmeloff (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this 8 x 5 pocketsize book, written by a French tour manager, is to provide ultra-condensed kwledge to the student, tourist, or executive, planning a trip to Europe, individually or with a group. In less than 300 pages, this vade-mecum covers five of the most visited countries in Europe: Great Britain, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland. Planning a trip to Europe may be a somewhat overwhelming task. Opening Amazon and typing Europe travel books confronts you with 114,000 entries. The countries mentioned above open 79,650 entries, of which 80 % are paperback books. They all provide at length and in details kwledge of history, government, people, religion, monuments, museums, theatres, hotels, restaurants, bars, street maps, shops, etc., etc. With an average 300 page for each country, this represents for the six countries above 1,800 pages to assimilate. Add to this burdening task a visit of Web sites: there are hundreds of them, with more or less reliable information, especially when it comes to shopping, eating, and local behavior. Who actually needs a list of ALL restaurants in Paris, or ALL the museums in London, or extensive guiding through secondary towns or places? The Europe Digest for the hurried tourist is the solution. It takes in account only the utmost topics of each of the six countries here above. Highly condensed information concerns history, the approach to people and local customs, seasoned traveler's tips on how to avoid typical tourist blunders, the must do and must see monuments, museums, and exciting places. Local food is explained, and a restrictive choice of eating places is mentioned, with the assurance that each of them will be an unforgettable experience. For further wishes, Web connections are indicated, as for instance for ordering entrance tickets in advance - so saving hours of queuing during the touristic season. Easy to carry, this book, written by a professional voyager, will be an alternative for all travelers t willing to be hampered by cumbersome literature or a weighty computer.
- Author(s)Alexandre Digmeloff
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUnclassifiable: WZ BIC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight322 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.