All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionAs Europe has expanded its influence in world ecomic and political affairs, there has been an increased need to understand how Europe recovered from the devastation of World War II to become a major world player. This concise history offers a comprehensive overview of Europe's political, social, ecomic and cultural developments since 1945. J. Robert Wegs and Robert Ladrech balance a narrative of the major events and personalities of the post-war political scene with a critical assessment of key issues and themes, such as: - the development of the welfare state - European integration and the European Union - the Cold War - the rise and fall of the Soviet Empire - the political-ecomic turmoil in eastern Europe since 1989 - the place of Europe in the globalisation of the world's political-ecomic affairs. The text also features further reading sections at the end of each chapter to aid more detailed study, and is enhanced throughout with tables, maps and illustrations. Written for students and general readers alike, this thoroughly revised, updated and expanded new edition is an ideal introduction for anyone with an interest in the history and politics of post-war Europe, east and west.
- Author BiographyJ. ROBERT WEGS was formerly Chair of the History Department at the University of Notre Dame, USA. ROBERT LADRECH is Senior Lecturer in Politics at Keele University, UK. He is also Visiting Professor at the College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium.
- Author(s)J.Robert Wegs,Robert Ladrech
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication13/10/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note28 photos, 8 maps
- Weight530 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.