All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Kosovo war has concentrated new attention on the transatlantic relationship and its principal institution, NATO. NATO has admitted new members and adopted a new strategy, giving it a broader and more interventionist role than Europeans have been used to. Mean-while, proposals to formulate a distinctive European Union foreign policy and defence identity could irritate the security relationship with North America that has lasted for fifty years. A struggle among Europeans for control of Europe's future is bound up with management of the euro and arguments over integration and enlargement of the EU. The threat of a transatlantic trade war suggests the struggle is threatening to disrupt the Atlantic relationship. Will the Atlantic Community strengthen or weaken under these strains? In this book, distinguished experts consider the arguments over enlargement of NATO and the European Union, and the course of European integration and transatlantic trade, in order to assess the state of this vital relationship and its future.
- Author BiographyDOUGLAS EDEN is founder and head of the Centre for Study of International Affairs (Europe and America) at Middlesex University and organizer of the annual Trent Park conferences on the future of the Atlantic Community. A Senior Fellow of the Atlantic Council of the United Kingdom, he has written, lectured and advised political figures, governments and major media outlets on both sides of the Atlantic. Among his publications are The Future of the Atlantic Community and Political Change in Europe.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/06/2000
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight375 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byDouglas Eden
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.