All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor fifty years European integration has been pursued according to an operational code based on rules which have never been publicly discussed. This book demonstrates the far-reaching consequences of the prioritisation of integration over competing values, fait accompli and other implicit rules of action. The willingness to sacrifice democracy on the altar of integration is demonstrated by the mopoly of legislative initiative granted to the n-elected Commission. Monetary union preceding, rather than following, political integration is a striking example of fait accompli, and the reason behind many holes in the EU system of ecomic governance. Until w, academics have avoided radical criticism; Giandomenico Majone argues that only an open ackwledgement of the obsolescence of the traditional methods can stem the rising tide of Euro-scepticism.
- Author BiographyGiandomenico Majone is Emeritus Professor of Public Policy at the European University Institute in Florence.
- Author(s)Giandomenico Majone
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.