All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging narrative history introduces readers to the central features and main developments of sixteenth-century Europe. The author's account of the major events of the age - political and religious conflicts, statebuilding, and exploration - creates a vivid sense of how it would have been to live in this tumultuous century. Events are seen within the context of the cultural, physical and intellectual environment at the time, and considered from the point of view of both Europe's elites and the broader spectrum of peoples. In tracing them, the author also provides an up-to-date synthesis of recent scholarly research written from many different approaches, and covering the whole European continent. The book is written specifically for students coming to the study of this topic for the first time and assumes prior kwledge of the period covered. It is particularly suitable for use on survey courses, since the fifteen chapters are designed to correspond to a fifteen-week semester course.
- Author BiographyAndrew Pettegree is Professor of Modern History at the University of St Andrew's and Director of the St Andrew's Reformation Studies Institute. He has published widely on sixteenth-century history, the English and European Reformations, and the history of the Book, including most recently a survey of The Reformation World (2000).
- Author(s)Dr. Andrew Pettegree
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBlackwell History of Europe
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note40
- Weight668 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.