All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEurope is suffering from a bipolar ecomic disorder. Financial journalists divide the continent into two groups of nations - centre and periphery - t by geography but by credit rating. Europe on the Brink is a critical investigation of the root causes of this sovereign debt crisis, and the often misguided policy choices made to resolve it. Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz, together with two other finance experts, compares debt contagion in Europe with regional financial crises elsewhere, while Roberto Lavagna, former ecomics minister in Argentina, provides a poignant comparative analysis with his own country's experience. Crucially and uniquely, Portuguese, Greek and Irish ecomists provide hard-hitting case studies from the perspective of the periphery. This much-needed book offers a heterodox ecomic perspective on the causes, symptoms and solutions of the biggest ecomic issue currently facing Europe.
- Author BiographyTony Phillips works on sovereignty issues in debt, development, energy and ecology. He was born in Dublin, Ireland.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/07/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
- Edited byTony Phillips
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.