All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor much of the twentieth century, the prevalence of dictatorial regimes has left business, especially multinational firms, with a series of complex and for the most part unwelcome choices. This volume, which includes essays by ted American and European scholars such as Mira Wilkins, Gerald Feldman, Peter Hayes, and Wilfried Feldenkirchen, sets business activity in its political and social context and describes some of the strategic and tactical responses of firms investing from or into Europe to a myriad of opportunities and risks posed by host or home country authoritarian governments during the interwar period. Although principally a work of history, it puts into perspective some commercial dilemmas with which practitioners and business theorists must still unfortunately grapple.
- Author BiographyBorn in New York, Christopher Kobrak is a Professor of Finance at ESCP-EAP, European School of Management. He received a BA in Philosophy from Rutgers University and MA, PhD degrees in European History from Columbia University, from which he also holds an MBA in Finance and Accounting. A CPA with ten years of work experience in the United States, Europe, Africa and Asia, his teaching and research interests include international finance and business history. Per H. Hansen is Professor of Business History at the Copenhagen Business School. He has published books and articles in the fields of financial history and the Danish economy during the German occupation. Among his other professional interests are the aesthetic, economic, social and cultural background of Danish Modern furniture design.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Edited byChristopher Kobrak,Per H. Hansen
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.