Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains papers presented at the 17th Annual EU Competition Law and Policy Workshop, organized by Philip Lowe and Mel Marquis and held at the European University Institute on 13-14 July 2012. From a variety of angles the book explores the themes of competition, regulation and certain public policies; their interactions; and, in some cases, their mutual tensions. The authors of the various chapters consider legal and ecomic issues relating to network industries, industrial, environmental and trade policies, and intellectual property and invation policies, among others. Comparative views and the views of judges from different jurisdictions are provided, and techniques for mediating among different policy objectives and frameworks are discussed. Authors contributing to this book include: Rafael Allendesalazar, Robert D Anderson, Marco Boccaccio, Ginevra Bruzzone, Cristina Caffarra, Alexandre de Streel, Ian Forrester, Douglas Ginsburg, Geert Goeteyn, Calvin Goldman, Daniel Haar, Kullike Jurimae, Suzanne Kingston, Lars Kjolbye, Paul Lugard, Mel Marquis, Veljko Milutivic, Giorgio Monti, Anna Caroline Muller, Rosa Perna, Anthony Pygram, Philip Lowe, Pierre Regibeau and Jon Stern.
- Author BiographyPhilip Lowe is a Non-Executive Director of the UK Competition and Markets Authority. He was Director-General of DG Competition from 2002 to 2010, and Director-General of DG Energy from 2010 to 2013. During his tenure at the European Commission from 1973 to 2013 he also held several other senior administrative posts. Mel Marquis is Part-time Professor of Law at the European University Institute and Professore a contratto at LUMSA University in Rome. He is Co-Director of the Rome Antitrust Forum and an editor on the board of Mercato Concorrenza Regole. He has practised as an attorney in the United States and Belgium.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Series TitleEuropean Competition Law Annual
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1899
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight959 g
- Width256 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byMel Marquis,Philip Lowe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.