All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
About this product
- DescriptionDrug problems present sharp challenges for policing and democracy in the European Union. Harmonisation of anti-trafficking measures contrasts with diversity of local policies on drug users. 'Open drug scenes' trigger invative but often volatile responses. This collection presents vivid experiences of drug policy-making at city, regional and higher levels. For the future, beyond 1996, EU 'confederal' and 'intergovernmental' scenarios have distinct implications for drugs. Finally, international dimensions are explored - drug control through money laundering countermeasures, trade and development policies, security and EU enlargement.
- Author BiographyTony has lectured widely in developing countries and has been a consultant to several international agencies including the African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the Pacific Islands Development Program in Hawaii. He has written a number of specialized texts in the field of development economics and is Series Editor of Palgrave's Great Thinkers in Economics collection.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/11/1995
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleConfederation of European Economic Associations Conference Volumes
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date15/10/1998
- Content Notebiography
- Weight380 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byA. P. Thirlwall,Ernesto U. Savona,Jorgen Jepsen,Nicholas Dorn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.