All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThere is agreement in political and academic circles that the European Union needs a common foreign and security policy (CFSP). The question is how to move from recognised necessity to practical implementation: from rhetoric to reality. Many efforts have been made, and indeed the creation of a European foreign policy is work in progress . Bringing together a multinational team of both young researchers and established academics, this volume offers a comprehensive analysis of this process, uniquely combining the examination of the foundations, institutions, procedures and obstacles of EU-level foreign policy with an extensive range of case studies exploring European policy on the ground in key areas such as the Balkans, Africa or the Middle East. Of use and interest to students of European politics and the general reader alike, it breaks through the Euro-jargon to provide a clear, accessible and up-to-date account of this unprecedented system of international relations, with a particular focus placed on the questions of why EU member states participate in the CFSP and what impact it enables them to have in geopolitics.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Dieter Mahncke is Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Professor of European Foreign Policy and Security Studies and Director of the Department of Political and Administrative Studies at the College of Europe in Bruges. Alicia Ambos is consultant at NATO s Political Affairs Division in Brussels. Christopher Reynolds is a researcher in political science at the Technical University of Munich.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleCollege of Europe Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Note3 tables, 6 graphs
- Weight550 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byAlicia Ambos,Christopher Reynolds,Dieter Mahncke
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.