European Responses to Globalization: Resistance, Adaptation and Alternatives by Emerald Group Publishing Limited (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $143.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together contributions from anthropologists, political scientists, ecomics and policy professionals to explore the institutional, ecomic and ideational factors that shape the ways in which Europe has adapted to, resisted, and creatively responded to the challenges of globalization. Contributors to this volume were asked to consider the extent to which globalization is driving policy-making in contemporary Europe, and the extent to which Europe itself is influencing the shape, quality and velocity of globalization. Discussions in this volume reveal three main strategies adopted by European political actors in their efforts to respond to globalization: resistance, adaptation (and at times the mutual adaptation between the European and global environments), and the production of alternatives to global rms and practices. Yet, while politicians and citizens may call for European responses to globalization, the contributors to this volume suggest that Europe and globalization already exist in a relationship of reciprocal causality, in which European responses have provoked and will continue to provoke transformations of globalized forces, and that such responses feed back intentionally and unintentionally into domestic politics, ecomics and culture in Europe. This volume thus makes a provocative and invative contribution to current academic literatures on globalization across the domains of social science. The contributors come from a variety of backgrounds to give this volume an inter-disciplinary approach. The discussions reveal European strategies to respond to globalization and an analysis of these solutions. This book is an excellent resource for any researcher interested in examining the relationship between Europe and globalization.
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication21/07/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleContemporary Studies in Economic & Financial Analysis
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 88
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byHenri J. Barkey,Janet Laible
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.