All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edited volume examines contemporary European security from three different standpoints. It explores security dynamics, first, within Europe; second, the interaction patterns between Europe and other parts of the world (the United States, Africa, the Middle East, China and India); and, finally, the external perceptions of European security. The first part of the book analyses the European security landscape. The roles of EU, NATO and the OSCE are given particular attention, as is the impact of their evolution- or enlargement- on the European security architecture and European security dynamics. In this context, Russia's repositioning as a major power appears as a shaping factor of contemporary European geopolitics. The second part presents European security from an external perspective and considers interactions between Europe and other states or regions. Security trends and actors in Europe are examined from an American, Chinese, and Indian perspective, while Europe--Africa and Europe--Middle East relations are also addressed. This book will be of great interest to students of European Security, European politics and IR in general.
- Author BiographyThierry Tardy is Director of the European Training Course in Security Policy at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2008
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleContemporary Security Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byThierry Tardy
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.