All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEU equality law is multidimensional in being based on different rationales and concepts. Consequently, the concept of discrimination has become fragmented, with different instruments envisaging different scopes of protection. This raises questions as to the ability of EU law to address the situation of persons excluded on a number of grounds. This edited collection addresses the increasing complexity of European Equality Law from jurisprudential, sociological and political science perspectives. Internationally rewned researchers from Scandinavian, Continental and Central European countries and Britain analyse consequences of multiplying discrimination grounds within EU equality law, considering its multidimensionality and intersectionality. The contributors to the volume theorise the move from formal to substantive equality law and its interrelation to new forms of governance, demonstrating the specific combination of n-discrimination law with welfare state models which reveal the global implications of the European Union. The book will be of interest to academics and policy makers all over the world, in particular to those researching and studying law, political sciences and sociology with an interest in human rights, n discrimination law, contract and employment law or European studies.
- Author BiographyDagmar Schiek has a Jean Monnet Chair in European Law at the University of Leeds, United Kingdom, and is Director of the Centre of European Law and Legal Studies. Victoria Chege is a research assistant at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Germany.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2008
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Cavendish
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDr Dagmar Schiek,Prof.
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.