Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together a discussion of the theories and techniques of comparative policy analysis and a description of current developments in selected welfare state regimes, European Welfare States provides an accessible overview of issues concerning European welfare states. In particular, it provides: - an overview of the development of welfare states in Europe; - a discussion of key issues including welfare state theories, the role of globalization, gender and the welfare state; welfare typologies; and the role of public opinion; - a detailed account of recent developments and current challenges in five European welfare states; and - a detailed account of the key challenges facing European welfare states and possible future directions for welfare models including the role of the European Union in the development of social policy. This book is illustrated throughout with student-friendly features such as case-studies, chapter summaries, questions for discussion and guides for further reading. With a flowing narrative and clear structure the book is an invaluable text for undergraduates taking courses in comparative social policy. It will also be useful for students in related disciplines such as public policy, social welfare, politics and international relations.
- Author BiographyMel Cousins is currently Reader in History at Oxford Brookes University. He also held the position of Special Adviser to the minister for Social Affairs for Ireland. He is currently based at the department of History at Oxford Brookes University, where he is undertaking PhD research in the history of social policy. He has already authored several books on Social Welfare.
- Author(s)Mel Cousins
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.