All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan the eurozone's emergence from crisis turn into a real ecomic recovery and a new vision for Europe's future? Or is Europe heading for a lost decade in terms of growth and a rise in old style nationalism? Kemal Dervi and Jacques Mistral have assembled an international group of ecomic analysts who provide perspectives on the most audacious supranational governance experiment in history. Will the crisis mark the end of the dream of ever closer union or lead to a renewed impetus to integrate, perhaps taking vel forms? Among the key issues explored are the: Onset, evolution, and ramifications of the euro crisis from the perspective of three countries especially hard hit - Greece, Italy, and Spain; Concerns, priorities, and issues in France and Germany, the couple that has so far always driven European integration; Effects and lessons in two key policy areas: banking union and social policies. The volume concludes with a possible renewed vision for the EU in the 2020s, including much greater political integration but where some countries may keep their national currencies and share less of their sovereignty. It is a vision of two Europes within one, ready for the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyKemal Dervis is vice president and director of Global Economy and Development at Brookings. A former head of the UN Development Program and Turkish minister of economic affairs, he is the author of A Better Globalization: Legitimacy, Governance, and Reform and co-editor of The G-20 at Five, forthcoming, 2014. Jacques Mistral is a nonresident senior fellow at Brookings, a senior fellow at the French Institute of International Relations (IFRI), and former economic adviser to the French prime minister. He is the author of several books, most recently Guerre et Paix entre les Monnaies.
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication05/05/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDr. Jacques Mistral,Kemal Dervis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.