All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEusebius of Caesarea (263-339 CE) is one of the most important intellectuals whose writings survive from late antiquity. His texts made lasting and wide-ranging contributions, from history-writing and apologetics to biblical commentary and Christian oratory. He was a master of many of the literary and scholarly traditions of the Greek heritage. Yet he left ne of these traditions unaltered as he made brilliant and original experiments in the many genres he explored. Aaron P Johnson offers a lively introduction to Eusebius' chief oeuvre while also discussing recent scholarship on this foundational early Christian writer. Placing Eusebius in the context of his age the author provides a full account his life, including the period when Eusebius controversially sought to assist the heretic Arius. He then discusses the major writings: apologetic treatises; the pedagogical and exegetical works; the historical texts; the anti-Marcellan theological discourses; and expositions directly connected to the Emperor Constantine.
- Author BiographyAaron P Johnson is Assistant Professor of Humanities and Classics at Lee University, Cleveland, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Aaron P. Johnson
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleUnderstanding Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight431 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.78New
- AU $76.89New
- AU $36.17New
- AU $29.80New
- AU $77.88New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $19.67Trending at AU $22.88
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $36.17
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.06
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $87.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.04
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $93.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.