All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnique student strengths and needs require unique teacher evaluation methods. Teacher evaluation should never be used in a one-size-fits-all manner, especially when evaluating all teachers who work with English Learners (ELs) and students with disabilities. Evaluations of all teachers who work with diverse learners require unique considerations. Such considerations are precisely what you'll learn in this comprehensive, action-oriented book. Backed by research and case studies, the authors detail: four principles for inclusive teacher evaluation of diverse learners compatible with the Danielson and Marza frameworks; specialized look-fors evaluators can use and adapt to recognize effective teaching of diverse learners; and strategies for coaching teachers who need more support reaching diverse learners.
- Author BiographyDiane Staehr Fenner is the president of SupportEd, LLC (formerly DSF Consulting), a woman owned small business that provides educators in English learners' education the skills and resources they need to champion ELs' success within and beyond their classrooms. At SupportEd, Diane serves as project lead for all the team's work providing professional development, programmatic support, and research to school districts, states, organizations, and the U.S. Department of Education. Diane is an author of four books, a blogger for the Colorin Colorado website, and a frequent keynote presenter on EL education at conferences across North America. Diane was a research associate at George Washington University's Center for Excellence and Equity in Education, spent a decade as an ESOL teacher, dual language assessment teacher, and ESOL assessment specialist in Fairfax County Public Schools, VA, and taught English in Veracruz, Mexico and Berlin, Germany. Diane earned her Ph.D. in Multilingual/Multicultural Education with an emphasis in Literacy at George Mason University. She earned her MAT in TESOL at the School for International Training and her Masters in German at Penn State University. She lives in Fairfax, VA with her husband, three elementary age kids who are in a Spanish immersion program in their public school, a dog, a few fish, and an elderly hamster. Diane speaks fluent Spanish and German, grew up on a dairy farm in New York State's Finger Lakes region. You can connect with her via email at Diane@GetSupportEd.net or on Twitter at @DStaehrFenner. Watch Diane's Webinar: Advocating for English Learners: Sharing the Responsiblity and the Joy Ayanna Cooper, Ed.D, is an independent consultant who specializes in building the capacity of all educators who serve English learners. By working closely with districts and state departments of education she was able to aid in improving outcomes for English learners, their families and their teachers. Her professional experiences include teaching English as a Second Language, instructional coaching, supervising urban ESL teacher candidates and serving as the K-12 director for an English learner public school program. Ayanna has also worked on various projects and has been an invited speaker for the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Educators Association (NEA). She has an extensive background in teaching courses for both pre-service and in-service educators of English learners. Most recently she has served as the Associate Program Chair for the TESOL International Association 2015 International Convention & English Language Expo in Toronto, ON. Ayanna has designed and facilitated professional development nationwide for educators on a number of topics including use of the World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) ELD Standards and Assessments, differentiated instruction and interpreting English language proficiency data. She has written articles and blog posts and has served on a number of committees dedicated to teaching and advocating for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. This is her first publication with Corwin.
- Author(s)Ayanna C. Cooper,Diane Staehr Fenner,Peter L. Kozik
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.