All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the face of increasing political disenchantment, many Western governments have experimented, with invations which aim to enhance the working and quality of democracy as well as increasing citizens' political awareness and understanding of political matters. This text is the most comprehensive account of these various democratic invations. Written by an outstanding team of international experts it examines the theories behind these democratic invations, how they have worked in practice and evaluates their success or failure. It explains experiments with new forms of democratic engagement such as: * Direct Democracy * Deliberative Democracy * Co-Governance * E-Democracy Drawing on a wide variety of theoretical perspectives and with a broad range of case studies, this is essential reading for all students of democratic theory and all those with an interest in how we might revitalise democracy and increase citizen involvement in the political process.
- Author BiographyBrigitte Geissel is Professor of Political Sciences and Political Sociology at Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, and is currently a fellow at the Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation, Harvard Kennedy School. Kenneth Newton is Emeritus Professor of Comparative Politics at the University of Southampton, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBrigitte Geissel,Kenneth Newton
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.