All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionMore than twenty years after the Earth Summit was held in Rio de Janeiro in 1992, both national and international actors in governmental and ngovernmental fields are still searching for insights into how sustainable development can be advanced and environmental concerns incorporated into the development agenda more effectively. Moreover, climate change has emerged as a preeminent challenge to both the environment and to development. Evaluating Environment in International Development provides international perspectives and in-depth kwledge of evaluating development and the environment and applies evaluation kwledge to climate change mitigation and adaptation. The book focuses on the approaches and experiences of leading international organizations, t-for-profits, and multilateral and bilateral aid agencies to illustrate how systematic evaluation is an essential tool for providing evidence for decision-makers. It provides vel and in-depth perspectives on evaluating environment and sustainability issues in developing countries. Moving beyond projects and programmes, it considers aspects such as evaluating rmative work on the environment and evaluating environmental consequences of ecomic and social development efforts. This original collection should be of interest to scholars of environment studies, development studies, international relations, sustainable development and evaluation, as well as practitioners in international organizations and development and environmental NGOs.
- Author BiographyJuha I. Uitto is Deputy Director of the Independent Evaluation Office of the United Nations Development Programme.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 25 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJuha Ilari Uitto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.