All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the testing of therapeutic sera, the quantified evaluation of a pharmaceutical's efficacy became a key feature of medicine in the twentieth century. The case studies in this volume offer comparisons across Europe, from the diphtheria antitoxin in the late 1800s to the introduction of the Salk polio vaccine in the 1950s.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPH GRADMANN is Professor in the History of Medicine at the University of Oslo, Norway, since 2006. He took his doctorate as a historian from the University of Hannover in 1992, and has held positions at the University of Heidelberg and the Max-Planck-Institute for the History of Science in Berlin. His research interests cover the history of infectious diseases in modernity, the history of antibiotic resistance, medical biography and the history of standardisation in twentieth century medicine. His most recent book publication is Laboratory Disease: Robert Koch's Medical Bacteriology. JONATHAN SIMON teaches history of science at the University of Lyon, France. After receiving a PhD from the University of Pittsburgh he has studied and taught in Berlin, Paris, Sydney and Strasbourg. He has worked and published in both the history of pharmacy and the history of chemistry; most recently he is the co-author (with Bernadette Bensaude-Vincent) of Chemistry: The Impure Science.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/04/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleScience, Technology and Medicine in Modern History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byChristoph Gradmann,Professor Jonathan Simon
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.