Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $1,994.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in a refreshing conversational style, this text thoroughly prepares students, program administrators, and new evaluators to conduct evaluations or to use them in their work. The book's question-driven focus and clear discussions about the importance of fostering evaluation use by building collaborative relationships with stakeholders set it apart from other available texts. In 26 concise sections, Marvin C. Alkin explores how to articulate answerable evaluation questions, collect and analyze data using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and deal with contingencies that might alter the traditional sequence of an evaluation. Student-friendly features include handy bulleted recaps of each section, Thinking Ahead and Next Steps pointers, cautionary tes, antated suggestions for further reading, and an in-depth case study that provides the basis for end-of-chapter exercises.
- Author BiographyMarvin C. Alkin is Emeritus Professor in the Social Research Methodology Division of the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has been a member of the UCLA faculty since 1964 and has, at various times, served as Chair of the Education Department and Associate Dean of the school. Dr. Alkin was one of the founders of the Center for the Study of Evaluation and was its Director for 7 years. The Center, established in 1966 by the U.S. government to engage in research on appropriate methods for conducting evaluation of educational programs, continues to be an integral part of the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies. Dr. Alkin is a leading authority in the field of evaluation. He has published important research studies on the use of evaluation information in decision making and on comparative evaluation theory. His publications include five books and more than 150 journal articles, book chapters, monographs, and technical reports. Dr. Alkin is currently Associate Editor of Studies in Educational Evaluation and co-section Editor of the American Journal of Evaluation. He has been a consultant to numerous national governments and has directed program evaluations in 14 different countries.
- Author(s)Marvin C. Alkin
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication28/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.