All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConcern for evaluation theoretical prescriptions emerged about 40 years ago, giving it a history that is both recent eugh to be part of the living experience of many of today's theorists and old eugh to afford an opportunity for an analysis of how the field has evolved over time. This book examines current evaluation theories and traces their evolution with the point of view that theories build upon theories and, therefore, evaluation theories are related to each other. Initially, all evaluation was derived from social science research methodology and accountability concerns. The way in which these evaluation 'roots' grew to form a tree helps to provide a better understanding of evaluation theory. Thus, the book uses an evaluation theory tree as its central metaphor.The authors posit that evaluation theories can be classified by the extent to which they focus on methods, uses, or valuing; these three approaches form the major limbs of the tree. In addition to the authors' overview, which analyzes the evaluation theory tree and connections among theories, the book contains essays by most of the leading evaluation theorists. In these pieces, the evaluators comment on their own development and give their views of their placement upon the tree.
- Author BiographyDr. Marvin C. Alkin received his Ed.D. from Stanford University in 1964. His research revolves around evaluation utilization, evaluation theory, and the difficulties one faces when evaluating educational programs. Alkin's publications include the bestselling Encyclopedia of Educational Research, Sixth Edition and Debates on Evaluation. Alkin is also the former editor of Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis.
- Author(s)M.C. Alkin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date01/06/2012
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.