All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccountability in clinical training implies a strong relationship between the training outcomes touted by a training program and the performance of its graduates. The training program and its faculty must be able to ensure that students have the competencies necessary for entering the profession and can offer competent services. In addition, responsibility for the quality and value of training must be assumed by the profession. Pressure for accountability is becoming increasingly apparent as the public learns about fraud, waste, and abuse in publicly funded pro- grams (Fishman & Neigher, 1982). Federally supported clinical training programs have had to defend their training practices against threats of funding loss without the hard data needed to support their practices. Funding seems to have been forthcoming mostly because of our ability to demonstrate the need for clinical, counseling, and school psychol- ogists. Graduates seeking professional careers in such applied fields demand considerable trust from their clientele and the public-at-large when they establish themselves, offer and advertise their services, make claims on public monies, and profess to do good and harm. Neither their clien- tele r the public are in the position to evaluate the services of the profes- sion or the claims made for these. (American Psychological Association lAPA], 1982, p.
- Author(s)Barry A. Edelstein,E. Berler
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.