All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book proposes to introduce and discuss the relationship between historical criticism and Christian theology, in the hope of addressing the relative paucity of evangelical engagement with historical-critical scholarship. The book posits that this dearth of evangelical interaction depends in large part upon a concern that historical criticism leads inexorably to theological conclusions that are at odds with Christian orthodoxy. As such, this work includes essays on eight of the most provocative topics of critical investigation: the Fall, the Exodus, the Conquest, the Covenant as a Post-Exilic Phemen, Pseudepigraphy, Prophecy, the Historical Jesus, and the Paul of Acts versus the Paul of the Epistles.
- Author BiographyChristopher B. Ansberry is Assistant Professor of Old Testament at Wheaton college, Illinois. Christopher M. Hays is a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow at Keble College, Oxford.
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byChristopher B. Ansberry,Christopher M. Hays
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.