All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionJ. I. Packer explores the lives of influential theologians and the issues that motivated and inspired them into action, including the authority of Scripture, justification, the glory of God, and the hope of heaven. He outlines current trends in church history, the state of British theology in the 20th century, and the theological challenges w facing evangelicalism. The collection is valuable as a restatement of many basic evangelical beliefs. It is also interesting from a historical perspective, as it illuminates areas of debate over the past three decades. In article after article Packer shows us how much we can learn from the past, while also leading us from intellectual understanding to worship and devotion.
- Author BiographyJ. I. Packer (D.Phil., University of Oxford) is Board of Governor's Professor of Theology at Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia. He also serves as a contributing editor to Christianity Today. Packer's writings include books such as Knowing God (IVP Books), A Quest for Godliness(Crossway), Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God (IVP Books), Growing in Christ (Crossway) and Rediscovering Holiness (Servant). Most recently, he served as General Editor for the English Standard Version Bible. - Editorial Review.
- Author(s)J. I. Packer
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleCollected Shorter Writings of J. I. Packer
- Place of PublicationPeabody
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Out-of-print date10/06/2015
- Weight440 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.