All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionBetsy Colquitt has long been recognized as one of Texas' finest poets. With the publication of this collection, readers can see for the first time the full range of her work. The Eve poems, which give the volume its title, are new in substance and tone. This exciting sequence traces the life of the first woman from her creation by the Great Mother, through the years in the Garden of Eden, where Eve helps bring Adam out of the mud of Mother Earth, down to the present, as Eve looks at life and comments from the perspective of wise and eternal Woman. At the end of the sequence, Eve is seen in the Big Bend of Texas, a land different, yet strangely like, the first Garden. The second section of the book includes poems published in Colquitt's 1980 collection, Hor Card, and the third section, New and Uncollected Poems, explores subjects ranging from art and architecture to home and family.
- Author BiographyBetsy Colquitt, a native of Fort Worth, retired from the Texas Christian University faculty in 1995. Her poems, essays, and reviews have been widely published in major American literary journals for the past forty years.
- Author(s)Colquitt B
- PublisherTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationFort Worth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.