All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Walton's collection of eight stories, five of which are set in Pittsburgh, offers darkly humorous meditations on modern life. In Skin and Bone an unexpected, strange, and ultimately tragic encounter between a karate student and his instructor raises questions about guilt and responsibility. The Sundeck touches on sex, loneliness, and the difficulty for people to meaningfully connect. In the title story, a dinner party attended by a struggling academic begins with the toast No more angst or ennui only to end in hostility and disaster. Evening Out was the first book to win the Flannery O'Conr Award for Short Fiction.
- Author BiographyDavid Walton is now retired from teaching English at the University of Pittsburgh. He is the author of one other short story collection, Waiting in Line, and a novel, Ride. He lives in Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)David Walton
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.