All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvent mining encompasses techniques for automatically and efficiently extracting valuable kwledge from historical event/log data. The field, therefore, plays an important role in data-driven system management. Event Mining: Algorithms and Applications presents state-of-the-art event mining approaches and applications with a focus on computing system management. The book first explains how to transform log data in disparate formats and contents into a canical form as well as how to optimize system monitoring. It then shows how to extract useful kwledge from data. It describes intelligent and efficient methods and algorithms to perform data-driven pattern discovery and problem determination for managing complex systems. The book also discusses data-driven approaches for the detailed diagsis of a system issue and addresses the application of event summarization in Twitter messages (tweets). Understanding the interdisciplinary field of event mining can be challenging as it requires familiarity with several research areas and the relevant literature is scattered in diverse publications. This book makes it easier to explore the field by providing both a good starting point for readers t familiar with the topics and a comprehensive reference for those already working in this area.
- Author BiographyDr. Tao Li is a professor and Graduate Program Director in the School of Computing and Information Sciences at Florida International University (FIU) and a professor in the School of Computer Science at Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunication. He is on the editorial boards of ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, and Knowledge and Information System Journal. He has received numerous honors, including an NSF CAREER Award, IBM Faculty Research Awards, an FIU Excellence in Research and Creativities Award, and IBM Scalable Data Analytics Innovation Award and Mentorship Awards. His research interests are in data mining, information retrieval, and computing system management. He received a PhD in computer science from the University of Rochester.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note129 black & white illustrations, 62 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byTao Li
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.