All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvent Representation in Language and Cognition examines new research into how the mind deals with the experience of events. Empirical research into the cognitive processes involved when people view events and talk about them is still a young field. The chapters by leading experts draw on data from the description of events in spoken and signed languages, first and second language acquisition, co-speech gesture and eye movements during language production, and from n-linguistic categorization and other tasks. The book highlights newly found evidence for how perception, thought, and language constrain each other in the experience of events. It will be of particular interest to linguists, psychologists, and philosophers, as well as to anyone interested in the representation and processing of events.
- Author BiographyJurgen Bohnemeyer is Associate Professor of Linguistics at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York. He is the author of The Grammar of Time Reference in Yukatek Maya (2002). Eric Pederson is Associate Professor of Linguistics at the University of Oregon. He is the co-editor (with Jan Nuyts) of Language and Conceptualization (Cambridge University Press, 1997) and Perspectives on Language and Conceptualization (1993).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- Series TitleLanguage, Culture and Cognition
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note81 b/w illus.
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byEric Pederson,Jurgen Bohnemeyer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
- AU $24.00New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.84Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $80.82Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.