All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique resource describes and evaluates ten of the most important events in British history between the Norman Conquest of 1066 and the Glorious Revolution of 1689 and its aftermath. A full chapter is devoted to each event, and each chapter includes an introduction presenting factual information in a clear, chrological order. Longer, interpretive essays explore the short-term and far-reaching ramifications of the events. Coverage for each event also includes an antated bibliography of works suitable for students and a full-page illustration. A glossary of terms, a timeline of British history up to 1714, and a chrological list of ruling houses and monarchs help students to better understand the major developments in modern British history, along with their significance and long-term impact.
- Author BiographyFRANK W. THACKERAY is Professor of History at Indiana University Southeast./e He is author of Antecedents of Revolution: Alexander I and the Polish Kingdom (1980) and the co-editor (with John E. Findling) of the Events That Changed the World series and the The Events That Changed America series, both published by Greenwood. Also with John E. Findling, he is co-editor of Statesmen Who Changed the World (1993). He and Findling are also series editors of the Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations series. JOHN E. FINDLING is Professor of History at Indiana University Southeast./e He is the author of Dictionary of American Diplomatic History (1980-89), Close Neighbors, Distant Friends: United States-Central American Relations (1987), and Chicago's Great World's Fairs (1995). With Kimberly D. Pelle, he co-edited Historical Dictionary of World's Fairs and Expositions, 1851-1988 (1990) and Historical Dictionary of the Modern Olympic Movement (1996). With Frank W. Thackeray, he is co-editor of the Events That Changed the World series and the Events That Changed America series and also series editor of the Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations series.
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight463 g
- Width235 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byFrank W. Thackeray,John E. Findling
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.