Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionNothing short of stunning ...something very powerful and unusual indeed . (Guardian). Part-thriller, part adventure story, part social drama and utterly absorbing . (Daily Mail). Two groups, almost a hundred years apart, find themselves on the same desolate Antarctic island in this tense and compelling vel by Rebecca Hunt. 1913: Dinners, Millet-Bass, and Napps - three men bound t by friendship, but by an intense dependence founded on survival - will be immortalised by their decision to volunteer to scout out a series of uncharted and unkwn islands in the Antarctic, a big, indifferent kingdom. 2013: Brix, Jess, and Decker - three researchers with their own reasons for being far from home - set out on a field trip to the same ancient lumps of rock and sw, home to thing but colonies of penguins and seals. Under the harsh ultraviolet light, as all colours bleach out, and the world of simple everyday pleasures recedes, they unkwingly begin to mirror the expedition of 100 years ago. Hunt delivers a story that manages to be both surreally absurd and grimly captivating . (Independent on Sunday). Thought-provoking and affecting ...a gripping story . (Sunday Telegraph). Rebecca Hunt graduated from Central Saint Martins College with a first class hours degree in fine art. She lives and works in London. Her first vel, Mr Chartwell, was longlisted for the Guardian First Book Award and shortlisted for the Galaxy National Book Awards New Writer of the Year.
- Author BiographyRebecca Hunt graduated from Central Saint Martins College with a first class honours degree in fine art. She lives and works in London. Her first novel, Mr Chartwell, was longlisted for the Guardian First Book Award and shortlisted for the Galaxy National Book Awards New Writer of the Year.
- Author(s)Rebecca Hunt
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFig Tree
- Out-of-print date09/04/2015
- Weight483 g
- Width162 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.