All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom great triumphs to great escapes Everton FC On This Day recounts, in diary form, major events and magic moments in the club's history. A club which was a founder member of both the Football League and the Premier League; a club which has spent more seasons in England's top flight than any other; and a club which has been Champions nine times alongside the glories of five FA Cup wins and European successes, to boot. With entries for every day of the year to document the history of a global name in football, it records everything from the birth of Everton FC and the club's very early days as Victorian pioneers, to the emergence of Wayne Rooney as the latest stellar name to graduate from the Everton youth ranks in the early 21st Century. It tells the story of Dixie Dean, with his 60 league goals in a single season and his 37 Everton hat-tricks. Featuring the likes of Tommy Lawton, Joe Mercer, the 'Golden Vision' Alex Young and the 1960s 'Holy Trinity' of Colin Harvey, Howard Kendall and Alan Ball. It includes Everton's famous number nines: t only Dean, Lawton and Young but also Hickson, Royle and Latchford; Sharp, Gray and Ferguson. It recounts the highs of League Championship-winning teams and the historic comeback from 2-0 down to win the 1966 FA Cup Final. It reveals a club which broke British transfer records, which set standards for progress on and off the pitch and which became rewned worldwide for the football produced at the 'School Of Science'. Everton On This Day covers the ups and downs of a famous football club, and will tell readers why, as the Evertonians sing: It's a grand old team to play for, it's a grand old team to support .
- Author BiographyNeil Roberts' books on Everton include the critically acclaimed Blues & Beatles. A newspaper and television journalist, he has worked for the Liverpool Echo, the BBC and ITN among others, as well as being the original writer of The Evertonian magazine. Neil was born into an Everton-loving family, and his two sons now follow in the tradition.
- Author(s)Neil Roberts
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteApprox 20 mono images
- Weight272 g
- Width121 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.