All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe acclaimed New York Times bestselling biography and emotionally detailed portrait of the artist as a young man (Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times) Since his untimely death by suicide at the age of forty-six in 2008, David Foster Wallace has become more than the representative writer of his literary generation he has become a symbol of sincerity and honesty in an inauthentic age, a figure whose reputation and reach grow by the day. In this compulsively readable biography, D. T. Max charts Wallace s tormented, anguished, and often triumphant battle to succeed as a velist as he fights off depression and addiction to emerge with his masterpiece, Infinite Jest. Written with the cooperation of Wallace family members and friends and with access to hundreds of Wallace s unpublished letters, manuscripts, and journals, this revelatory biography illuminates the unique connections between Wallace s life and his fiction in a gripping and deeply moving narrative that will transfix readers.
- Author BiographyD. T. Max is also the author of The Family That Couldn t Sleep: A Medical Mystery. A staff writer for the NewYorker, he lives outside New York City with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)D T Max
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight295 g
- Width145 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.