All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery River on Earth: Writing from Appalachian Ohio includes some of the best regional poetry, fiction, and creative nfiction from forty contemporary writers, both established and up-and-coming. The wide range of material from authors such as David Baker, Don Bogen, Michelle Burke, Richard Hague, Donald Ray Pollock, and others, offers the reader a window into daily life in the region. The people, the landscape, the struggles, and the deepest undercurrents of what it means to be from and of a place are revealed in these original, deeply moving, and sometimes shocking pieces.The book is divided into four sections: Family & Folks, The Land, The Grind, and Home & Away, each of which explores a different aspect of the place that these authors call home. The sections work together beautifully to capture what it means to live, to love, and to die in this particular slice of Appalachia. The writing is accessible and often emotionally raw; Every River on Earth invites all types of readers and conveys a profound appreciation of the region's character.The authors also offer personal statements about their writing, allowing the reader an intimate insight into their processes, aesthetics, and inspirations. What is it to be an Appalachian? What is it to be an Appalachian in Ohio? This book vividly paints that picture.Every River on EarthDavid Lee GarrisonI look out the window and see through the neighbor's window to an Amish buggywhere three children are peeping back,and in their eyes I see the darknessof plowed earth hiding seed.Wind pokes the land in winter,trying to waken it,and in the melting swI see rainbows and in themevery river on earth. I see all the wayto the ocean, where sand and stonesembrace each falling waveand reach back to gather it in.
- Author BiographyNeil Carpathios is an award-winning poet and author of three full-length poetry collections, as well as several chapbooks. He teaches at Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio, where he also serves as coordinator of creative writing.
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byNeil Carpathios
- Foreword byDonald Ray Pollock
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.