All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionGavin Grey is everyone's All-American. A star running back at the University of North Carolina in the late 1950s, he graces the covers of Time and LIFE magazines and appears on the Ed Sullivan Show. Everyone wants a piece of him or to be around him to bask in his glory, including his nephew Donny, who narrates the story and is Gavin's only real confidant.After college, Gavin goes on to the NFL where he has a solid career. As his playing days wind down and the cheering stops, however, he finds the adjustment to life as an ex-athlete difficult to accept. His wife Babs goes off to work, becomes the primary breadwinner for the family while Gavin continues to trade on his memories of old times, when he was everybody's All-American.
- Author BiographyFrank Deford is a Senior Writer at Sports Illustrated, is heard every Wednesday on NPR's Morning Edition, and is a regular correspondent on HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. He is the author of fourteen books, two of which have been made into movies, including Everybody's All-American with Dennis Quaid and Jessica Lange. He has been voted U.S. Sportswriter of the Year six times, and GQ magazine has called him, simply, the world's greatest sportswriter. He has also won both an Emmy and a George Foster Peabody Award. He lives in Westport, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Frank Deford
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication21/07/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.