All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryday Blessings is a practical and inspiring book which offers a clear outline for people who want to understand and embrace mindful parenting. It is one of the few books on parenting that embraces the emotional, intuitive and deeply personal experience of being a parent and shows you how to apply the practice of mindfulness meditation to parenting children of all ages. In the rush, rush, rush of too-much-to-do-and--time-to-do-it , the important, nurturing aspects of parenthood can easily disappear. Even the smallest degree of mindfulness can have profound effects on children, matter how old they are, and on the quality of parent-child relationships. Jon Kabat-Zinn, a mindfulness pioneer, and his wife Myla share their experiences of using mindfulness within their own family. By encouraging moment-to-moment awareness and acceptance, this thoughtful and practical book will help you to slow down, grow in compassion, enrich your life as a parent and urish the internal life of your children.
- Author BiographyJon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D, is a scientist, writer and meditation teacher engaged in bringing mindfulness into the mainstream of medicine and society and this book is co-authored with his wife, Myla Kabat-Zinn. Jon is Professor of Medicine Emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, where he was founding executive director of the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society and founder and former director of its world-renowned Stress Reduction Clinic. He lectures and leads retreats on mindfulness-based stress reduction for health professionals worldwide. Myla Kabat-Zinn, BSN, RN, has worked as a childbirth educator, birthing assistant and environmental advocate.
- Author(s)Jon Kabat-Zinn,Myla Kabat-Zinn
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight538 g
- Width341 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.