All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCryptography is a vital techlogy that underpins the security of information in computer networks. This book presents a comprehensive introduction to the role that cryptography plays in providing information security for techlogies such as the Internet, mobile phones, payment cards, and wireless local area networks. Focusing on the fundamental principles that ground modern cryptography as they arise in modern applications, it avoids both an over-reliance on transient current techlogies and over-whelming theoretical research. Everyday Cryptography is a self-contained and widely accessible introductory text. Almost prior kwledge of mathematics is required since the book deliberately avoids the details of the mathematical techniques underpinning cryptographic mechanisms, though a short appendix is included for those looking for a deeper appreciation of some of the concepts involved. By the end of this book, the reader will t only be able to understand the practical issues concerned with the deployment of cryptographic mechanisms, including the management of cryptographic keys, but will also be able to interpret future developments in this fascinating and increasingly important area of techlogy.
- Author BiographyProf. Keith Martin is Director of the Information Security Group at Royal Holloway, University of London. An active member of the cryptographic research community, hem also has considerable experience in teaching cryptography to non-mathematical students, including industrial courses and young audiences. Since 2004 he has led the introductory cryptography module on Royal Holloway's pioneering MSc Information Security.
- Author(s)Keith M. Martin
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note84 black and white line drawings and 2 black and white halftones
- Weight812 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.