Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKingsley Amis was one of the great masters of comic prose, and subject was dearer to him than the art and practice of imbibing. This new volume brings together the best of his three out-of-print works on the subject: Kingsley Amis on Drink, Everyday Drinking, and How's Your Glass? In one handsome package, the book covers a full shelf of the master's riotous and erudite thoughts on the drinking arts: Along with a series of well-tested recipes (including a cocktail called the Lucky Jim) are Amis's musings on The Hangover, The Boozing Man's Diet, The Mean Sod's Guide, and (presumably as a matter of speculation) How Not to Get Drunk-all leavened with fun quizzes on the making and drinking of alcohol all over the world. Mixing practical kw-how and hilarious opinionation, this is a delightful cocktail of wry humor and distilled kwledge, served by one of our great gimlet wits.
- Author BiographyKingsley Amis was one of the best-respected British novelists of the mid-20th century. He was the author of more than 20 novels, including the classic Lucky Jim. He died in 1995 at the age of 73.
- Author(s)Kingsley Amis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/05/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.