All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFind inner peace with Everyday Enlightenment by His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa This book is an inspirational guide to finding happiness by taking in the beauty right in front of you. Leading Himalayan Buddhist His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa walks with you along your path and teaches you that: - there is peace in recognizing that we are all connected - positive influences are closer than you think - in order to inspire others, you need to find inspiration in your life - what we think, we become Everyday Enlightenment brings ancient wisdom into the modern world. Teaching through stories and example, His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa shows you how to let go of your ego and stress, turn anger into compassion, and transform your fears into courage. Cameron Diaz listed Everyday Enlightenment as one of her top 2012 reads: 'We live in such a fast paced world it's easy t to take time to tend to your inner self, but it is necessary to take a moment and be still in mind and body, to be more conscious of the way that we are engaging with the world around us. Using teachings from the Buddhist philosophy, Everyday Enlightenment gives you practical tools to deal with the everyday challenges of being human in our modern society.' The spiritual head of the Drukpa school of Buddhism, His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa has taught millions of students worldwide. He is also an active humanitarian, working on projects with celebrities such as Richard Gere and Joanna Lumley. Michelle Yeoh is a global ambassador for his Live to Love initiative, whose core causes include the protection of the environment and spread of education.
- Author BiographyHis Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa, the spiritual head of the Drukpa school of Buddhism, has taught to millions of students worldwide. His core philosophy is to convert compassion into action and help others find concrete solutions to today's personal and global problems. His Holiness is an active humanitarian, and he has worked alongside celebrities such as Richard Gere, Michelle Yeoh and Joanna Lumley on international aid projects. He has been recognized by the 2010 United Nations Millennium Development Committee for his work in women's education.
- Author(s)Gyalwang Drukpa
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael Joseph Ltd
- Weight276 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.