All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryday Feminist Research Praxis: Doing Gender in The Netherlands offers a selection of previously unpublished work presented during the 2011, 2012 and 2013 Netherlands Research School of Gender Studies (NOG) conferences. Reflecting the wide spectrum of interdisciplinary gender studies, this volume is organised into four sections along four conceptual kts. These thematic entry-points are space/time, affectivity, public/private, and techlogical mediation. The central emphasis of this volume is twofold: first, the everyday is approached as a concretely grounded site of micro-political power struggles. Second, the contributors make explicit connections between theory and their everyday feminist research practices. As a whole, the interventions - ranging from fashion modelling, child-birthing discourses and digital documentaries - show how feminist research praxis remains crucial in critically disentangling naturalized routines of daily life, which in turn enables the scrutiny of, for example, the arbitrariness of entrenched power relations and contradictory, personal and collective, everyday trajectories. Everyday Feminist Research Praxis, thus, energises possibilities for new forms of recognition, representation and redistribution of power.
- Author BiographyDomitilla Olivieri is a Lecturer and Researcher at the department of Media and Culture Studies, Graduate Gender Programme, and Institute for Cultural Inquiry, at Utrecht University, Netherlands. Her work intersects documentary media studies, gender studies, and visual anthropology. Koen Leurs is a Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow at the London School of Economics, UK. He has published widely on digital networks, youth culture, multiculturalism, migration and gender.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDomitilla Olivieri,Koen Leurs
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.