All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe lives of the ancient Britons were dramatically different from the lives we lead today. There were large cities, written languages and for much of the Iron Age there wasn't even any money. Yet the Iron Age Celts were thing if t creative and skilled artists, farmers, warriors, traders and craftspeople. Incredible artefacts dug from fields, rivers and graves each tell us something about how they lived their lives, their beliefs and gods they worshipped, and how they fought and died. In Everyday Life, discover how tribes were organised and the roles of warriors, chieftains and druids. Find out what Celtic people actually looked like; the hill forts, brochs and roundhouses they lived in; Celtic names and clothes; gods and goddesses and why the technique of making iron tools and weapons had such an impact on their society. Discover the Celts and the Iron Age is a classic history topic series that takes a look at aspects of life in Iron Age Britain through the objects they left behind. Aimed at readers aged 7+ studying Key Stage 2 history.
- Author BiographyMoira Butterfield (Author) I have been writing for many years in a number of different genres, from books for babies up to books for 11 year-olds plus. I like to try new things and tackle new subjects, so I don't limit myself to one type of book. One month I might be writing about history, and the next month I might be creating an imaginary story. Examples of my work have been selected for national Key Stage study in the UK, and in the USA I was commended by the Library of Congress for my work in non-fiction, which they felt encouraged reluctant readers. I work with visuals always in mind, and love the challenge of getting across information or an exciting story with good graphics to back it up. Lately I have been blogging about the craft of writing, and I've also appeared at National Book Festivals, which I think of as the most challenging thing of all to do! I get a lot of emails from children around the world, inspired by one of my books they have read, and that gives me great pleasure.
- Author(s)Moira Butterfield
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleDiscover the Celts and the Iron Age
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight354 g
- Width217 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.