All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn fascinating detail, Charles J. Dunn describes how each class of old Japan lived: their food, clothing, and houses; their beliefs and their fears. At the same time he takes account of certain important groups that fell outside the formal class structure, such as the courtiers in the emperor's palace at Kyoto, the Shinto and Buddhist priests, and at the other extreme, the actors and the outcasts. He concludes with a lively account of everyday life in the capital city of Edo, the present-day Tokyo.
- Author BiographyCharles J. Dunn was the Reader in Japanese at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He lived and traveled extensively in Japan.
- Author(s)Charles J Dunn,Laurence Broderick
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication11/08/2008
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleTuttle Classics of Japanese Literature
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Content Noteblack and white drawings and photos throughout
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.