All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new book from educational consultant Carla Tantillo Philibert, you'll gain practical strategies for teaching social-emotional learning (SEL), mindfulness, and movement to help your elementary students maintain positive relationships, assume responsibility, become bodily aware, and grow into productive, contributing citizens. You'll find out how to lead students through games, simple yoga poses, breathing techniques, and other activities that are easy to incorporate and help you manage your classroom. Topics include: * Empowering your students to understand their emotions, improve their focus, manage stress, and regulate their behavior through structured activities * Introducing your students to the concept of SEL and setting up your own SEL classroom * Engaging your students in activities to strengthen peer-to-peer communication, community-building, and leadership skills * Allowing your students to test their SEL skills through interactive stories and class discussions * Honing your own SEL competency through professional development sessions so your students can get the most out of their SEL experience The book also offers a Professional Development Facilitator's Guide to help you and your colleagues master the core concepts of SEL and implement them effectively in the classroom. The appendix provides additional strategies for overcoming common difficulties when first beginning your school's SEL journey.
- Author BiographyCarla Tantillo Philibert is the founder of Mindful Practices, one of Chicago's leading school wellness organizations, and oversees a team of 25 dedicated practitioners who empower teachers and students across the nation with wellness and Social-Emotional Learning strategies to create a more effective educational environment.
- Author(s)Carla Tantillo Philibert
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.